Social Media & Community Manager
at HitchPlanet in Vancouver
HitchPlanet is a local rideshare community that helps people go places together in Canada. We are dedicated to creating sustainable travel, connecting people, and reducing our environmental impact by encouraging people to carpool.
HitchPlanet is not a regular startup, we are trying to change the world and connect people by creating a ridesharing community.
We are a young and fun startup based in Downtown Vancouver and are looking for someone to establish a greater community for our ridesharing service.
- Establish a Social Media strategy for the business
- Assist in the growth of engagement and overall impact of the – company’s social media channels
- Build online relationships with users and explore high-value partnerships
- Create measurable community building, outreach strategies, and nurturing campaigns across relevant social platforms
- Present reporting, performance analysis, and successes of initiatives implemented
- Contribute to on-going process improvements and development of best practices
- Attend relevant events
- Act as an advocate of HitchPlanet in external community channels, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate
- Keep up on latest trends, news, and innovative ideas
- Listen, monitor, and engage in internal and external networks
- Permanent Residency
- Degree in business, marketing, journalism, communications, or a related field
1 year experience of Social media and marketing
- Knowledgeable in SEO
- Verbal and digital communicator
- Excellent relationship-building skills
- Innovator, strategic thinker and decision maker
- Fluency (oral and written) in French
- Ability to thrive and laugh under pressure
- Lives on the social web
- Drivers License
Salary : $40,000
How to apply:
Think you’d be a great fit for this role? If so tell us why with an up-to-date resume and a custom cover letter and send them to email@example.com.
Please include links to your current social media accounts as well as sample of work you’d be proud to share. Only selected applicants will be contacted.
This position is full-time for a minimum of 6 months and subject to securing funding.