Front End Developer (Senior)
at Later (Latergramme) in Vancouver
At Later we believe in the power of Images. Images to communicate quickly, Images to connect disparate people, and Images as the best way to convey personal meaning. We also believe software should be so easy to use – you shouldn’t need a manual or a sales demo. We build that software. At Later we are becoming the leading platform for managing visual social-media content.
What are we like to be around? Glad you asked! We are a hard-working, competitive, fun-loving band of miscreants. We have rubber duckies on our desks, KPI’s on our walls and board games and beers tend to be broken out on Fridays.
What we’re looking for:
Our team is growing quickly, we are set to double in size this year and we are looking for a full time Front End Applications developer to join their team. In this role you will be responsible for developing and delivering reliable, scalable front end applications. Our applications are used by thousands of people every day, what you do will directly impact the user experience and interface.
The role requires someone who is detail oriented, possesses excellent time management skills, and can juggle multiple projects at once. We are looking for someone with strong technical skills, an excellent communicator with a desire to work in a fast-paced environment and who has the ability to prioritize work to ensure that deadlines are met.
What we value:
Our core cultural values are manifested in our practices and processes every day. We highly value transparency and fairness in everything we do. We look for people who like to move quickly, are ambitious yet humble and have a great sense of humour. If you have a mischievous spark of fun, that’s even better.
- A natural tendency to take initiative, achieve results and generally #GSD.
- A desire to constantly stay organized and create efficiency using technology, bringing order to chaos and uncertainty.
- Teamwork is your middle name. You want to brainstorm with the best of them and are continually looking for ways to do it better.
- A humbleness to recognize that sometimes you’ll need to apologize and admit mistakes (we’re all human after all!)
- Understand and work well in Startup culture – be able and willing to take on all sorts of tasks and responsibilities.
We list our values and beliefs first because they are non-negotiable; if you’re still reading then check out some of the responsibilities you will own.
As our Senior Front End dev, you need to be amazing with these technical skills:
- Significant experience EmberJS or other client-side frameworks (BackboneJS, AngularJS, ReactJS)
- Write clean, maintainable, testable code
- A desire to lead and mentor junior developers
- Ability to perform code reviews, create detailed plans and willingness to work collaboratively with a development team.
- Excellent technical, troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Associate’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience required.
- 5+ years of development experience
- Entrepreneurial by nature, you excel in a fast-paced, agile environment where critical thinking and strong problem solving skills are a given
- The tech startup industry is where you want to be. You thrive on the cutting edge and get excited to learn more, push boundaries and innovate every day.
- Knowledge of Ruby on Rails (it’s our backend)
- An avid Instagrammer who loves photos and pictures
You value teamwork as well as being comfortable working on your own. You know that code can be “perfectly lyrical” or code can be “quick and dirty” but your code is significantly better than “good enough.” You take pride in the work you deliver and encourage those around you to go the extra mile. You understand how your work product influences and affects the end user and you care a lot about their experience.
Why choose Later:
Located in Gastown, the startup hub of Vancouver, Later is pleased to offer all our employees a competitive salary, a chance to participate in the success of the company through equity, medical and dental benefits and a wellness program.
If you think you might be a great fit with our team, we’d love to hear from you. Of course we want to see your resume, but more importantly we want to know why you think you are the best person for this role, so send us the links to your Github account, personal website or previous projects you have worked on (and your role in them.)
Recent jobs at Later (Latergramme)
- Junior Customer Support & Happiness at Later (Latergramme) in Vancouver 14-11-2016
- UI Designer (Senior) at Later (Latergramme) in Vancouver 26-10-2016
- UI Design Developer at Later (Latergramme) in Vancouver 26-10-2016
- Communications Designer at Later (Latergramme) in Vancouver 10-08-2016