at Alloy in Vancouver
Over $20 trillion worth of goods are manufactured, transported, and sold each year – the things we use, wear and eat every day. The global supply chain is one the world’s largest economic engines, but it struggles to keep up with its own complexity.
The manufacturers, distributors, and retailers that make up this complex network are limited by the information they possess. They struggle to track and respond to supply and demand as their product travels from production to consumer, relying on 40-year-old data standards, lots of manual Excel work, and hordes of human middleware.
At Alloy, we’re set to change all this. We provide the first comprehensive, low-latency view of demand and inventory across all distribution channels. Our platform connects manufacturers, suppliers, distributors, and retailers, allowing companies to track their products down to the store shelf and better respond to end-consumer demand.
We are early stage, well funded by leading VCs, and growing. Our small team studied at top institutions including MIT, Stanford, Waterloo, ETH Zurich, and UIUC and has diverse backgrounds and experience in analytics, large-scale enterprise software, and retail and financial technology. Culture really matters to us: we value diversity in all forms and strive to foster respect, integrity and open communication.
We’re committed to making enterprise software inspiring. We use Google Compute Engine, Postgres, Redis, Apache Spark, Python, Java and React, all wrapped in strong design.
You thrive in a small team where you can build technology from the ground up. You love to pick up new tech, master it quickly, and do something creative with it.
You don’t shy away from even the most challenging problems and relentlessly strive for better solutions. You are self-motivated and enjoy working with others towards a common objective. When you know a better way, you voice your opinion. Building software is the means to an end—you want to change the way an entire industry operates.
About the role
As an engineer at Alloy, you’ll do any or all of the following:
- Model parts of the supply chain and develop features that bring them together
- Automate the collection, parsing, and storage of huge volumes of data
- Design a flexible but blazing-fast analytics framework that powers instant insights
- Build beautiful, easy-to-use apps that our customers love to use
- Dive into server provisioning, deployment, automation, and monitoring
Recent jobs at Alloy
- Product Designer at Alloy in Vancouver 14-09-2016
- Senior Software Developer at Alloy in Vancouver 01-09-2016
- Software Engineer at Alloy in Vancouver 11-05-2016