DevOps Engineer at Thinkific
at Thinkific in Vancouver
Are you an experienced DevOps Engineer? Do you have strong development capabilities and a comprehensive knowledge of systems and operations and their future directions? Does the idea of joining a rapidly growing company excite the heck out of you? If yes, read on!
We’re seeking a senior full-time DevOps Engineer to join our team at Thinkific and solve sizable technical challenges. We are seeking someone who can help us scale our infrastructure and systems architecture to support our rapid growth.
The DevOps Engineer requires superior problem-solving skills and a track record of delivering high quality and useful systems in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate will report directly to the CTO and will collaborate with the product team to create scalable and resilient environments ranging from development through production.
A typical week might include things like:
- Managing and optimizing virtual infrastructure in AWS
- Completing complex tasks with minimal supervision
- Collaborating with software development teams to troubleshoot issues and identify bottlenecks
- Designing and building new self-service and automation capabilities to provide world-class service to software development teams
- Operating with speed and agility as you rapidly build and tear down specialized R&D and POC environments
- Architecting and implementing large scale infrastructure projects to support a growing and maturing software culture
- Leading and mentoring developers on the product team
Here are a few hints that you might be the person we’re looking for (you probably meet 4 or more of these!):
You have experience with:
- Coding/Scripting: Shell, Ruby, Python and others
- CI tools: Jenkins, CircleCI and others
- Containerization: Docker and/or others
- Cloud: AWS
- Configuration Management: Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Rubber, etc.
- Nginx, Unicorn, etc.
- Software Development: Ruby, Node, Go, etc.
- Database: Postgres, Elasticsearch, Redis, etc.
- Networking: IP Networks, Firewall Rules
And you have:
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective communication skills
- An appreciation for teamwork
- An exceptional attitude!
Why we think you’ll like working with us:
- Be part of a collaborative, high performing team focused on building best-in-class software in order to grow our company
- We have plenty of office snacks, coffee, and the occasional Friday beer to keep you fueled
- We offer a competitive salary, health/dental/vision benefits, and an open vacation policy
- Celebrate and get to know your peers with monthly and quarterly team events
- We have an amazing existing team of really talented engineers, marketers, and customer success people that want to work with you
This is an incredible role for the right candidate. We can’t wait to meet you!
$75K – $100K
0.0% – 0.01%
Recent jobs at Thinkific
- Customer Experience Specialist at Thinkific in Vancouver 27-03-2017
- Product Manager at Thinkific in Vancouver 27-03-2017
- VP Finance at Thinkific in Vancouver 12-01-2017
- Data Engineer at Thinkific in Vancouver 12-01-2017