Senior UX/UI Designer
at ShareDesk in Vancouver
ShareDesk is a Vancouver born startup that’s changing the way the world works. We empower companies to manage and optimize their office space through beautifully simple software and apps.
“So what do you need me for?” You might be asking.
This is your opportunity to lead the design of a truly disruptive product.
Our success to date comes from hard work and passion, and paying close attention to design. We’re looking for an accomplished user interface and visual designer who can lead the next evolution of the product. You will join a driven team, and help bring our iOS, Android, and Web products to a much larger audience.
This is your chance to directly affect the way users from all over the world interact with ShareDesk products. Help us evolve the way that people work, and the way that our clients manage and optimize their space. The project scopes will range; sometimes very focused and requirements driven, others will be experimental prototypes and proofs of concept.
To succeed in this role you will use your experience designing web and mobile products to produce clear wires, along with beautiful designs.
As part of your application, we would love to see examples of work you have done that you are proud of – professional or personal. That’s more important to us than ticking all the boxes below!
What we are looking for in a successful candidate
- 3+ years specifying and designing large scale web and mobile applications.
- Experience in designing web and mobile app experiences from start to finish as a Visual and UX designer.
- Ability to balance a keen eye for aesthetics, with a scientific approach to design.
- A thorough understanding of information architecture, creating user flows, and wireframes.
- Provable experience creating working mockups with accompanying specifications.
- Expert ability using both wireframing and visual design tools.
- Excellent communications skills; ability to convey your ideas and designs to the rest of the design team, the dev team, and key stakeholders.
- A willingness to present a number of design solutions, quickly modifying and presenting iterations based on feedback.
Bonus points for
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience (Graphic Design, UX/Visual Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or similar degree).
- Experience setting up and managing A/B tests for web and mobile applications.
- Familiarity working within an agile process.
- Expertise using Sketch.
- Experience working with all three of the following; Web, iOS, and Android.
We take care of our teammates
This is a unique opportunity to join a rapidly growing technology startup. Taking care of our team on this journey is a priority. We offer:
- Competitive salary compensation
- Employee stock options
- Teammates that really care about what they do
- Personal and professional growth
- Health and fitness program
- A beautiful Gastown workspace with ocean and mountain views as well as flexible work options
$65K – $80K
Recent jobs at ShareDesk
- Customer Success Manager at ShareDesk in Vancouver 08-02-2017
- Android Developer at ShareDesk in Vancouver 13-01-2017
- Account Executive at ShareDesk in Vancouver 13-01-2017
- Social Media Intern at ShareDesk in Vancouver 13-01-2017