at Buddybuild in Vancouver
Buddybuild is looking to hire its first Technical Writer. In this role, you will be responsible for the content that our customers (who are developers!) consume as they use buddybuild. This content will include feature overviews, tutorials, guides, API documentation, and technical blog posts. The ideal candidate understands the needs of developers relative to how they use documentation, has experience creating content for a developer facing SaaS service, and has the ability to quickly understand new technical concepts.
Customers like Slack, Firefox, Wordpress, Meetup, and thousands of other mobile teams use buddybuild to build better apps, faster.
Buddybuild is a high growth, well-funded SaaS company which provides the infrastructure that thousands of mobile teams use to build apps that their users love. Buddybuild’s continuous integration, continuous delivery and user insight platform streamlines the process of building mobile apps and makes it possible for mobile teams to involve their end users as part of the development workflow.
- Make sure that for every new release, all new features are documented
- Maintain and improve existing documentation by updating content where appropriate
- Ensure documentation reflects the current state of the quickly evolving product
- Write guides about buddybuild’s key features
- Whenever possible, write documentation and extract that into a blog post
- Work with your peers in marketing, engineering, design and product management to craft content that is consistent and technically accurate
- Participate in defining and evolving the buddybuild brand and tone in technical documentation
- Perform copy editing, technical editing, and proofreading of documents created by the marketing and engineering teams, reviewing for style, grammar, syntax, and organization/consistency of content
- Minimum of 3+ years experience writing technical documentation for a technical audience
- Superior writing skills including an aptitude for understanding and explaining technical information
- Experience in the technical documentation for software applications
- Ability to deliver high quality, thoughtful, deliberate, documentation, paying attention to detail
- Able to work independently and adapt quickly to shifting priorities and prioritize tasks and ensure high quality in a dynamic environment.
- A Bachelor’s degree in English/English Literature or Technical Communications, or equivalent industry experience
What’s in it for you?
- A salary with an equity position in the company
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
- A very flexible vacation policy
- Your choice of Apple hardware to get you started
- A beautiful office in Gastown
- Learning – a lot of learning! We’re a small company where there’s no shortage of different projects to work on
If you’re looking for a rewarding work environment, a fast-growing company, and the opportunity to learn and grow, we want to hear from you!
Recent jobs at Buddybuild
- Head of Inside Sales at Buddybuild in Vancouver 15-02-2017
- Senior Front-End Developer at Buddybuild in Vancouver 15-02-2017