Director of Sales
at Social Nature in Vancouver
At Social Nature we are leveraging the power of consumer influence to inspire people to #trynatural products. Leading natural brands tap into our community of 200,000+ Everyday Influencers to reach their target market in an authentic way, as people trust friends more than ads.
We recently closed a large seed round led by some of Canada’s smartest entrepreneurs and VCs, and are now looking for A+ players to grow with us!
Director of Sales, Full Time, Vancouver
The Director of Sales role at Social Nature is key to the company’s growth. You are responsible for recruiting and managing a sales team that meets our revenue objectives through new business acquisition and account growth. You will work with leadership on continuously improving the sales process and developing strategies for scalable sales growth. Your goal is to scale up our sales operations and lead a team to consistently hit our revenue goals. Some travel is required.
Meet pre-determined revenue goals through the activities of direct reports and your own selling efforts, as necessary.
- Collaborate with leadership to project sales, create budgets, approve expenditures, and determine the profitability of our services.
- Identify strategies to increase renewal size and decrease time to renew.
- Identify strategies to increase net new accounts and average order size.
Recruit, hire and train high-performing salespeople.
- Develop and implement a training program that ensures a quick ramp-up for new salespeople and ensures their ongoing success.
- Coach and develop direct reports, conduct weekly 1:1 pipelines, and deliver additional training as necessary.
- Train and ensure adherence to sales process, including correct usage of CRM and other sales applications.
- Embody company culture and maintain high employee engagement.
Manage day-to-day performance of all sales team members.
- Research and assign leads to reps according to their area of focus and expertise.
- Coordinate tradeshows/conferences for you and the sales team to attend, and ensure a positive event ROI.
- Generate ideas for sales contests to keep the sales team motivated
- Review and approve customer contracts, ensuring terms and pricing is according to company standards.
- Implement performance plans according to company procedure; deliver quarterly/annual salesperson reviews.
- Lead and schedule weekly sales team meetings.
Continuously improve sales processes to scale our sales operations.
- Track and analyze sales team metrics; report data and key learnings to leadership on a regular basis.
- Monitor customer preferences to determine the focus of our sales efforts.
- Stay on top of industry trends and competitor news, and share this knowledge with the team.
- Collaborate with leadership to determine pricing plans and other sales policies/procedures as applicable.
- Lead and schedule weekly meetings with leadership.
- Support B2B marketing initiatives as needed.
- Other duties as specified.
A competitive base salary with bonuses and commissions based on the achievement and overachievement of revenue targets. In addition, we offer extended health/dental benefits, a generous employee stock options plan, and up to 4 weeks paid time off.
Our office is a bright open space with a greenwall, located in Gastown close to public transit. You’ll get to enjoy natural snacks, fair trade coffee/tea, and happy hours with the team. Every quarter we’ll host team events and once a year we’ll enjoy a corporate retreat. Join a high performing team on a mission to inspire people to #trynatural!
Recent jobs at Social Nature
- SME Account Executive: Full-Time at Social Nature in Vancouver 16-02-2017
- Full Stack Developer at Social Nature in Vancouver 16-12-2016
- Server/Backend Developer at Social Nature in Vancouver 16-12-2016
- Lead Developer at Social Nature in Vancouver 07-12-2016