Mobile Engineer, Lead
at Invoice Simple in Vancouver
Build delightful user experiences, with React Native
We’ve got two separate code bases (Android, iOS), almost no tests, and its killing us writing every feature twice. While our apps are very highly rated in both stores, and frequently praised by users, we still have a long way to go!. Tens of thousands of users depend on them every day to run their business.
To grow the business, we need to leap ahead of the competition. Thats where you come in! If you can build incredible mobile apps then we need to talk.
If you’re interested, here is what year one is all about:
Build our first cross-platform features using React Native, and blaze a path forwards
Work with Product Management to evolve our apps from something that gets the job done to something businesses can’t do without
Achieve incredible reliability by establishing automated testing practices
Delight users by leveraging analytics, working with customer support to developing empathy and a deep understanding of small businesses
- Own and execute features at all layers – UI, client-server communication, database, test automation and SDK.
- Contribute to all phases of product development – roadmap, requirements, design, release, QA & customer support.
- Release frequently
- Data driven. Use metrics and analytics to understand users and identify opportunities.
- Customer satisfaction. Respond to customer support requests, understand users’ needs, build a product people love.
- Not just code. Take on any task that comes your way so we can hit our goals.
Requirements for Success
- Experience writing modern Android or iOS apps from scratch
- Natural problem solver, with an inquisitive personality, and enjoy the challenge figuring out solutions that work for users
- Be energized by working alongside customers to determine what solution best fits their needs.
- Excited to think outside the box (and your job description) to succeed
- Willing to challenge your own ideas and preconceptions with experiments and data
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or a related field) OR equivalent experience.
Our current tech stack includes:
- Heroku, Digital Ocean, and AWS
- Github, BuddyBuild
- Postgres, Mongo, and Google BigQuery
- NodeJS, native mobile apps (Objective-C, Java)
- Intercom, Stripe, Mailgun, and Mixpanel
About Invoice Simple
More and more people are starting their own businesses, self employment is on the rise. Invoice Simple’s mission is to make it effortless for people manage their business from their phone or laptop. We’ve started with invoicing, because getting paid is key. Our service is used by thousands of small businesses around the world, with over $1B invoiced in the last year.
Launched just over two years ago, our mobile app has been downloaded over 1 million times, and is the highest rated (or tied for highest rated) invoicing app on both iTunes and Google Play, with an average rating of 4.8/5 on iTunes (over 2,000 reviews), and 4.7/5 on Google Play (over 14,000 reviews). We’re growing quickly, and looking to expand to the web next!
What we offer
If you act like an owner, you’ll be treated (and compensated) like an owner.
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Equity stake through our employee trust
- Work with a small team who are building something great
- Few meetings, but lots of discussions!
- Office perks, bike rack, great location in Gastown
- Quarterly company workcations (Whistler, Tofino, …)
Vancouver, BC (Gastown) | Fulltime | $90k-$110k
Recent jobs at Invoice Simple
- Backend Engineer at Invoice Simple in Vancouver 02-05-2017
- Customer Success Specialist at Invoice Simple in Vancouver 02-05-2017
- Product Marketing, Lead at Invoice Simple in Vancouver 02-03-2017