Business Development Manager
at Picatic in Vancouver
Business Development Manager – Los Angeles
The primary role of the Business Development Manager is to prospect for new clients by networking, cold calling, email, data mining or other means and guide prospects through the sales pipeline. For this position, the business development manager will also act as an account manager, building relationships with existing clients to retain them as well as provide them with future paid solutions.
- New Business Development
- Prospect new clients, convert clients to paid users.
- Develop and maintain a line of business contacts with influencers and direct targets or channel partners.
- Timely follow-ups on all opportunities to assess, prequalify and progress prospects through the sales cycle.
- Cold call as appropriate within your market or geographic area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network.
Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organization.
- Research and build relationships with new clients.
- Work with Sales team to develop proposals that speak to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Participate in pricing the solution/service.
- Maintain an adequate pipeline to support monthly revenue goals.
- Convert and identify high revenue inbound leads to paying users.
- Client Retention
- Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships.
- Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs.
- Schedule periodic outreach to collect feedback and build rapport with existing clients
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT STRATEGY
- Attend industry events to provide feedback and information on the technical and creative market trends.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Collect and relay customer and prospect feedback to the Product team to help guide future development and marketing strategy.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
- Actively seek out and build partnerships with other platforms for integration, relay technical requirements to the product team.
- Actively seek out sponsorship opportunities to highlight Picatic’s service, building awareness and referral based leads.
MANAGEMENT AND RESEARCH
- Utilize CRM to track and maintain accurate records of all activities.
- Forecast sales targets and ensure they are met.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of our product and processes.
- Ensure alignment between product team and growth team to provide most compelling service to prospects.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 5 years sales experience with demonstrated ability to identify, qualify and close sales opportunities.
- Enthusiasm for all things event tech related.
- Both direct sales and channel development expertise having successfully exceeded quotas in both areas.
- Proactive outbound calling, online demonstrations, and lead generation/follow-up experience.
- Proficiency in tools including Hubspot, Slack, Uberconference, Talky, and Intercom.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel when required and work weekends when necessary.
- Ability to work from home based office and be self-motivated and highly proactive with a strong work ethic.
- Big bonus if you have worked in the in the events space and have a large network.
We greatly appreciate your interest in being a part of our team; however, because of the volume of resumes we receive, we are only able to contact you should you be considered for a position.
$30K – $110K
Recent jobs at Picatic
- Digital Marketing Coordinator at Picatic in Vancouver 22-08-2016
- Fullstack Developer at Picatic in Vancouver 26-02-2016
- Backend Developer at Picatic in Vancouver 26-02-2016
- Junior Developer at Picatic in Vancouver 26-02-2016