Analytical Storyteller / Product Marketing Lead
at Axiom Zen in Vancouver
Axiom Zen is an award-winning venture studio. Our products have made “Best of the Year” lists (Apple; The Next Web), and are used by the world’s leading companies – including Adobe, Sony, Starbucks, Phillips, and SEGA. In 2015 alone, our work was featured in TIME, The New York Times, USA Today, and Wired. We just made the cover of Canadian Business’ 2016 “Most Innovative Companies in Canada”.
We’re just getting started. We are launching at least one product per quarter now and starting to work with some of the world’s leading brands; this is where you come in.
As our resident storyteller, you will lead strategic planning and execution for Axiom Zen marketing. Your main focus will be Axiom Zen itself, with additional support for new product launches as they happen.
Exceptional writing skills are a must – you’ll be doing a fair amount of it – as is a native understanding of technology. You will be marketing to a variety of audiences – from Fortune 500 brands to fast-growing startups and the world’s top developers – so agility and capacity for rapid audience analysis is essential.
Axiom Zen is a startup that builds startups. We specialize in new venture creation, taking ideas from paper to product-market fit. We have developed the people, processes, and perspectives necessary to successfully navigate the nexus where the latest advancements in design, engineering, and business intersect.
We believe traditional approaches to innovation have stopped working; the strategic landscape is changing too fast. By the time carefully-laid plans are implemented, they are already outdated. A successful endeavour doesn’t play catch-up!
Optimizing for impact often means working with emerging technologies (like VR and AI), but also includes advances in product, visual design, and even storytelling. Our team of fifty founder-quality engineers, designers, and product leads combine a wealth of experience from fast-growing startups as well as companies like Apple, Google, and SpaceX.
Salary and Benefits:
Competitive salary, exceptional benefits, and generous stock / equity.
A few highlights:
- Premium Insurance. Axiom Zen provides full health, life and AD&D insurance as well as premium vision, dental, and extended health benefits.
- Active Professional Development. We actively participate in the development of our team. You have access to a Professional Development budget allocated separate from your compensation to be spent on conferences, classes, books, and any other resources to maintain and expand your skill set, industry knowledge, and professional growth. Or take someone interesting to coffee for in-person learning.
- Speaker Travel Budget. We believe strongly that all our team members should have the opportunity to become thought leaders in their fields. To support this, we have a standard policy to cover travel + accommodations for speaking engagements anywhere in the Americas, and are very willing to support speaking engagements elsewhere around the world as well.
- Mandatory 15 Off Days Per Year. We have a high standard for impact but we insist on work-life harmony and believe in balance. Minimum of 15 off days every year, with no hard limit.
- Transport Reimbursement. We cover public transport to work and back. If you bike to work instead, we set aside $1000/year for bike maintenance. If you walk to work, we’ll bonus you the same amount as a rental subsidy.
Apply for this job
Think you’re a fit? Send us your resume, links to social media profiles, and anything else that will impress us. Also, please answer the following (250 words max):
If you could pitch any technology product to any celebrity figure, what would you pitch, how would you pitch it, and, most importantly, why?
Recent jobs at Axiom Zen
- Founders and Startup Veterans: CEO, COO, CTO at Axiom Zen in Vancouver 15-08-2016
- Full Cycle Technical Recruiter - Web & Mobile Startups at Axiom Zen in Vancouver 26-02-2016
- Polyglot Software Engineer at Axiom Zen in Vancouver 24-02-2016
- Senior Designer - Mobile & Web at Axiom Zen in Vancouver 24-02-2016