at Social Nature in Vancouver
Do you want to own the design of an influencer marketing platform that’s influencing millions of people to #trynatural products?
Social Nature, is an influencer marketing company that harnesses the power of consumer influence to drive results for the world’s most progressive brands. We believe that marketing should be based on companies making great products, and that everyday consumers are your best marketers.
At Social Nature our core beliefs are:
+ Promote good stuff not junk
+ Everyday consumers have influence
+ Profit with purpose
Over 100 brands have tapped into our community of 200K+ Everyday Influencers to get people talking about their products. To-date, we’ve influenced over 1.5 million people to #trynatural products! Over the next 3 years, we’ll be onboarding more enterprise customers, growing our community into the millions, and expanding our customer offerings.
It’s an exciting time to join this rocketship!
What You’ll Be Doing
As our Product Designer, you’ll become an advocate for our natural/organic brand customers (think of any brands at Whole Foods) and our community of influencers by knowing them and their needs inside out. You will understand our overall business needs and product requirements, and transform that understanding into user-focused intuitive products and interfaces for mobile and web.
This is the first dedicated Product Designer role at Social Nature, so this is a great opportunity for someone with experience to own it, make a big impact, and grow with the company!
- Concept, prototype, design and present solutions that solve both business and user problems and deliver measurable outcomes.
- Create sketches, flow diagrams, wireframes, and mockups of features serving different user segments.
- Designing user experiences from low-fidelity sketches to hi-fidelity pixel-perfect mockup
- Use and leverage metrics and A/B tests to drive product design and measure product success.
- Monitor new product features to establish benchmarks and identify areas for improvement.
- Conduct user interviews, usability testing, and analysis.
- Design our sales/marketing materials (you’ll be the most design focused individual on our team and it’s all hands on deck here!).
- Keep up to date with UX and Design trends, get inspired by what others are doing in the field and bring creative ideas with you into the office.
- 3-5 years related work experience in UX or interactive design.
- A design degree or relevant experience with software platform and/or application design.
- Experience with responsive design especially in a framework such as Foundation.
- Proficient in web design, typography, colour, layout and an awareness of graphic design.
- Experience with modern tools like Sketch and Invision is an asset.
- Ability to manage time wisely across projects and competing priorities, meet agreed upon deadlines and be accountable for deliverables.
- Experience working with a cross-functional team and interfacing with internal and external stakeholders to gather requirements and feedback.
What We Look For
- You are a strategic and analytical thinker. You are able to contribute your own ideas, and think creatively about how to get the best outcome for the company and the customer.
- You are solutions focused. You embrace challenges and dig deep to come up with creative solutions that get us back on track.
- You care a lot. You take full ownership over your role and the outcomes. As a result, you pay close attention to detail, never make the same mistake twice, and take initiative to continuously improve outcomes.
- You’re naturally curious and have a growth mindset. You have a high degree of self-motivation and initiative with a drive to learn and grow your role. You like to experiment with new and creative ideas.
- You have strong organizational and time management skills. In a growing company, there will always be more things to do than you have time for. A+ team members are excellent at staying focused, prioritizing, and automating non value-added work.
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit. You are adaptable and comfortable with ambiguity and change. You’re comfortable taking on multiple roles, sometimes outside of your comfort zone.
- You are an excellent relationship builder. You quickly earn trust and confidence with your team and our customers. You foster a productive and empowering work environment.
Top 3 Reasons to Work with Us
1. Join an influencer marketing company with a purpose. Work with the most progressive brands in the world, and be part of the consumer-powered marketing revolution.
2. Take your next step and grow your career with us. We’re at a critical high-growth stage, where our staff are encouraged to think big and embrace an entrepreneurial mindset. You’ll learn more here than anywhere else, and have the opportunity to make a big impact.
3. Competitive salary, employee stock options, up to 4 weeks paid time off and comprehensive health/dental benefits. We also enjoy a flat hierarchy, bright Gastown office with a green living wall, professional development opportunities, quarterly team events, annual company retreat, and lots of natural snacks and fair trade coffee/tea to keep you fuelled!
Learn more about our team culture and our founder, who was named Canada’s likeliest future entrepreneur queen!
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, please apply directly and send your resume, cover letter and portfolio showcasing UX problems and great visual designs with the subject line: Product Designer. Please note that due to the high volume of applications received only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Recent jobs at Social Nature
- Email Marketing Specialist at Social Nature in Vancouver 01-02-2018
- Strategic CPG Sales Executive at Social Nature in Vancouver 01-02-2018
- Director of Sales at Social Nature in Vancouver 16-02-2017
- SME Account Executive: Full-Time at Social Nature in Vancouver 16-02-2017