Strategic CPG Sales Executive
at Social Nature in Vancouver
Do you want to sell marketing solutions to the most progressive brands in the world?
Social Nature, is an influencer marketing company that harnesses the power of consumer influence to drive results for the world’s most progressive brands. We believe that marketing should be based on companies making great products, and that everyday consumers are your best marketers.
At Social Nature our core beliefs are:
+ Promote good stuff not junk
+ Everyday consumers have influence
+ Profit with purpose
Over 100 brands have tapped into our community of 200K+ Everyday Influencers to get people talking about their products. To-date, we’ve influenced over 1.5 million people to #trynatural products! Over the next 3 years, we’ll be onboarding more enterprise clients, growing our community into the millions, automating our campaign operations, and expanding our client offerings.
It’s an exciting time to join this rocketship!
What You’ll Be Doing
At Social Nature, our sales team is responsible for growing our business by building new relationships with leading consumer brands and agencies across North America. One week you might be presenting our solution over the phone to the VP Marketing at VEGA, and the next week meeting with leading brands at the Natural Product Expo in California. This role is based out of our head office in Vancouver BC, but some travel is required. If you thrive at the intersection of passion, performance and purpose than we want to hear from you!
Influencer Marketing 101
Our marketing solution engages real consumers in our brands marketing efforts. Known as Influencer Marketing this is becoming the fastest growing marketing spend for brands, especially to reach the growing Millennial audience. It is an educational, consultative, and strategic sale all at once.
Sales and Marketing, Business Development & Partnerships, Digital Advertising, Marketing Strategy, Consultative Solution Sales
Who You Are
- Solid experience. Minimum 5-7 years of consultative solution selling experience, with a proven track record in meeting and exceeding sales goals, delivering significant revenue, and customer growth.
- Creative and strategic thinking skills – the position is charged with building strategic, long-term partnerships with major brand marketers. Being able to think on your feet and to get creative about building customer solutions is one of the key factors in your success at Social Nature.
- High integrity, consultative, persistent and driven.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment, remember we’re a start-up!
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to C-level executives.
- Ability to persuade, lead, and confidently handle objections and resolve customer issues.
- Experience with developing and presenting customized integrated marketing campaigns to brands.
- Have a good understanding of the influencer/content/digital marketing space.
What You’ll Do
- Overall responsibility for cold, outbound sales over the phone and in-person
- Identify and develop new sales opportunities for key accounts
- Manage, on a regular basis, pipeline development, planning, forecasting, lead generation, engagement of prospects, pricing, presentation and delivery, negotiations and closing
- Partner with our Customer Success division to ensure successful transitions, implementations, customer satisfaction, and ongoing partnership with large direct clients
- Participate in product strategy with product team
- Support B2B marketing efforts as needed
Top 3 Reasons to Work with Us
1. Join a marketing company with a purpose, work with the most progressive brands in the world, and be part of the consumer-powered marketing revolution.
2. Take your next step and grow your career with us. We’re at a critical high-growth stage, where our staff are encouraged to think big and embrace an entrepreneurial mindset. You’ll learn more here than anywhere else, and have the opportunity to make a big impact.
3. Competitive salary, uncapped commissions and bonus structure, employee stock options, up to 4 weeks paid time off, extended health/dental plan, flat hierarchy, bright Gastown office with a green living wall, professional development opportunities, quarterly team events, annual company retreat, and lots of natural snacks and fair trade coffee/tea to keep you fuelled!
Learn more about our team culture and our founder, who was named Canada’s likeliest future entrepreneur queen!
What We Look For
*You are a strategic and analytical thinker. You are able to contribute your own ideas, and think creatively about how to get the best outcome for the company and the customer. You thrive working in metric-driven, fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- You are solutions focused. You embrace challenges and dig deep to come up with creative solutions that get us back on track.
- You care a lot. You take full ownership over your role and the outcomes. As a result, you pay close attention to detail, never make the same mistake twice, and take initiative to continuously improve outcomes.
- You’re naturally curious and have a growth mindset. You have a high degree of self-motivation and initiative with a drive to learn and grow your role. You like to experiment with new and creative ideas.
- You have strong organizational and time management skills. In a growing company, there will always be more things to do than you have time for. A+ team members are excellent at staying focused, prioritizing, and automating non value-added work.
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit. You are adaptable and comfortable with ambiguity and change. You’re comfortable taking on multiple roles, sometimes outside of your comfort zone.
- You are an excellent relationship builder. You quickly earn trust and confidence with your team. You foster a productive and empowering work environment.
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, please apply directly on our website or send your resume and cover letter with the subject line: Strategic Sales Executive.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Recent jobs at Social Nature
- Email Marketing Specialist at Social Nature in Vancouver 01-02-2018
- Product Designer at Social Nature in Vancouver 01-02-2018
- Director of Sales at Social Nature in Vancouver 16-02-2017
- SME Account Executive: Full-Time at Social Nature in Vancouver 16-02-2017