Technical Lead (Hands-on Architect)
at CareCru in Vancouver
CareCru is building a team of people who are looking forward to taking on the challenges of access to necessary health care services. Formed by experienced entrepreneurs and paired with energetic disruptors, the company is building a fun, purpose-driven culture to live and work in the pursuit of doing something great.
CareCru is seeking people who are high achievers in development, sales and marketing, and are best suited to those who enjoy a healthy, humorous work environment along with a relentless pursuit of building something different, great, and extremely successful.
CareCru has an opportunity for a Technical Lead (Hands-on Architect) to build out and scale up our team, processes, and services. As one of our first technical hires, you will be working directly with our experienced founding team to apply agile and lean startup best practices to design, implement and validate the features that deliver our core and evolving value proposition. We work in a flat, cross-functional structure so you must enjoy articulating, representing, and adapting your proven experiences in scaling up web applications in a multi-disciplinary team setting with the right balance of vision, pragmatism, and strategic risk-taking.
- Build and lead a highly effective technical team
- Continually improve infrastructure deployment, monitoring, and scaling solutions
- Measure and improve application performance and robustness
- Design, write, test and deploy high quality code
- Collaborate in agile processes to convert requirements into production software
- Participate in design, code reviews, and coaching to develop our capabilities
- Clearly communicate the status of ongoing tasks and risks
- Interact with customers to solve issues and discuss technical questions
Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of experience delivering enterprise scale web applications
- Programming languages – Java required, polyglot preferred (Rails, Node.js, etc)
- Build pipeline and process automation – workflow design, TDD, CI, CD
- Application deployment and operations – AWS, configuration management, monitoring
- Web architecture – SOA, domain driven design, stability patterns, message queues, etc
- Autonomous agile team leadership – Scrum/Kanban, code reviews, version control
Nice to Have:
- Operations tools and frameworks – Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos / Marathon, HashiCorp solutions, etc
- MedTech application or industry experience
If you excited by this opportunity and want to join something that is going to be wildly successful, please get in touch