Senior Unity Engineer
at East Side Games in Vancouver
THE LOW DOWN
East Side Games has an immediate opening for an Senior Software Engineer with Unity expertise. As our Senior Unity Engineer, you will make use of your vast technical experience in game development with Unity3D to create multi-platform games for Android and iOS. You’ll help to lead a team of client-side and server-side programmers by providing technical leadership and mentorship with the goal of designing and implementing systems and architecture for games. You’ll work with other disciplines to develop tasks, workflows, and processes for the successful and rapid development of high-performing, stable, and continually evolving products. No game industry experience? No problem! A passion for all types of games is completely legit, so tell us what games make you keep coming back.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Design and implement systems and architecture for games.
- Implement game enhancements, features, and bug fixes, including performance and footprint optimizations.
- Deliver high quality and well-structured code.
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship for other client-side and server-side programmers.
- Continually develop and improve workflows and processes.
- Provide regular feedback on improvements to game design.
strong>Duties and responsibilities outlined above are representative, but not all inclusive.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related technical discipline (or equivalent experience).
- 3+ years development with Unity and C#.
- 5+ years with object-oriented game/mobile languages such as Objective-C, Java, AS3, or C++.
- Knowledge and expertise in cross-platform iOS and Android mobile development, including 2D and 3D games, performance and memory optimizations, integrating 3rd party SDKs, etc.
- Must have a strong interest in the social and mobile gaming space; we actually encourage you to play games and provide input in their design.
- Experience in a senior or lead programming role and mentoring other developers.
- Superlative written & verbal communication ability; you have worked with cross-functional teams.
WHAT IS IN IT FOR YOU?
Check out our amazing CULTURE and BENEFITS on our company website!
Recent jobs at East Side Games
- HR and Talent Coordinator at East Side Games in Vancouver 17-10-2017
- Lead Software Engineer – Unity at East Side Games in Vancouver 17-10-2017
- Intermediate Software Engineer at East Side Games in Vancouver 17-10-2017
- Senior Software Engineer at East Side Games in Vancouver 26-02-2016