at Later (Latergramme) in Vancouver
At Later we believe in the power of Images. Images to communicate quickly, Images to connect disparate people, and Images as the best way to convey personal meaning. We also believe software should be so easy to use – you shouldn’t need a manual or a sales demo. We build that software. At Later we are becoming the leading platform for managing visual social-media content.
What are we like to be around? Glad you asked! We are a hard-working, competitive, fun-loving band of miscreants. We have rubber duckies on our desks, KPI’s on our walls and board games and beers tend to be broken out on Fridays.
What we value:
Our core cultural values are manifested in our practices and processes every day. We highly value transparency and fairness in everything we do. We look for people who like to move quickly, are ambitious yet humble and have a great sense of humour. If you have a mischievous spark of fun, that’s even better.
- A natural tendency to take initiative, achieve results and generally #GSD.
- A desire to constantly stay organized and create efficiency using technology, bringing order to chaos and uncertainty.
- A willingness to go above & beyond (and sometimes even save the day!)
- A humbleness to recognize that sometimes you’ll need to apologize and admit mistakes (we’re all human after all!)
- Understand and work well in Startup culture – be able and willing to take on all sorts of tasks and responsibilities.
We list our values and beliefs first because they are non-negotiable; if you’re still reading then check out some of the responsibilities you will own.
What we’re looking for:
As Later’s Communications Designer you will be part of the team leading the company’s marketing and branding efforts. The successful individual for this role will be excited to be an integral player, shaping our visual identity of across multiple mediums, and creating compelling and visually interesting creative assets. If you’re passionate about innovative design and you have strong technical skills, this may be the role for you.
- Work with marketing stakeholders to design a beautiful and effective responsive website, along with campaign-specific landing pages
- Designing Display Ads for Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Google, and other visual advertising mediums
- Define design patterns and direction for marketing materials, sales materials and website design
- Layout and design case studies, ebooks, and whitepapers
- Create graphics for blog posts and newsletters
- Create illustrated elements like icons, and diagrams
What we’re looking for
- You have a strong online portfolio showcasing visual and web design
- You see design, layout and typography everywhere
- You have a very strong understanding of mobile and responsive web design, with the knowledge to hand-code your designs in HTML and CSS
- You know how to run an A/B and are always striving to improve the effectiveness and usability of your designs.
- You are a thoughtful and considered communicator who thrives on sharing ideas
- You’ve got experience, possibly even working in a startup environment
Here’s what we need from you:
If you think you might be a great fit with our team, we’d love to hear from you. Of course we want to see your resume, but more importantly we want to know why you think you are the best person for this role. Please send us:
- The link to your design portfolio showcasing visual & web design projects (if you partnered with anyone else, let us know the breakdown of who did what!)
- The project that you had the most fun working on, and why
Why choose Later:
Located in Gastown, the startup hub of Vancouver, Later is pleased to offer all our employees a competitive salary, a chance to participate in the success of the company through equity, medical and dental benefits and a wellness program.
Recent jobs at Later (Latergramme)
- Junior Customer Support & Happiness at Later (Latergramme) in Vancouver 14-11-2016
- UI Designer (Senior) at Later (Latergramme) in Vancouver 26-10-2016
- UI Design Developer at Later (Latergramme) in Vancouver 26-10-2016
- Front End Developer (Senior) at Later (Latergramme) in Vancouver 10-08-2016