at ShareDesk in Vancouver
ShareDesk is the leading global platform for on-demand workspaces. With over 5,000 venues across 40 countries, the ShareDesk marketplace helps mobile professionals seamlessly discover and access on-demand work and meeting spaces.
With ShareDesk Optix, the company provides cloud-based solutions to help real estate managers and companies create smart and flexible office environments with a beautiful mobile-first experience. ShareDesk is evolving the way people work and the way that companies manage and optimize space.
About the role:
ShareDesk is looking for an experienced Android Developer to help us build and maintain our Android applications.
This is an opportunity to work with a small, dedicated team of developers, where you’ll be asked to take a significant amount of personal responsibility for the code you ship. It means you’ll make decisions that have a direct impact on our business, every day.
We need you to contribute technical expertise to all aspects of our software development process. From planning, architecture, through to testing, deployment and maintenance.
We’re looking for enthusiasts. Candidates who can demonstrate passion for what they do, and an interest in what we’re trying accomplish at ShareDesk will win us over.
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Design, build, and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable Java code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
- Identify and optimize necessary areas of the App and resolve bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and optimization
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes
- BS degree in Computer Science or a similar technical field of study, or equivalent experience.
- At least 3+ years working professionally developing Android Apps
- Understanding of Google’s Android design principles, interface guidelines, and best practices
- Experience submitting Apps to Google
- You can communicate effectively on a small team that moves fast
- Experience using git for version control
- UI Design experience and a strong sense of what quality means
- Ability to listen, learn, share and contribute
Great to haves
- Experience with other mobile platforms (iOS)
- Experience working with Bluetooth beacons
- Your own app in the marketplace
- Familiarity and experience with push notifications
This is a unique opportunity to join a rapidly growing technology startup. We take care of our team and offer a competitive salary compensation and perks to keep you happy:
- Competitive salary compensation
- Employee stock options
- Personal and professional growth
- Health and fitness program
- Awesome Gastown workspace & flexible work options
Send us your resume, with a focus on what you can bring to the team, and relevant links to projects you’ve worked on.
Please only apply if you are have current, valid working status in Vancouver, BC, Canada
Recent jobs at ShareDesk
- Full-stack Developer at ShareDesk in Vancouver 17-10-2017
- UI Designer at ShareDesk in Vancouver 17-10-2017
- Customer Success Manager at ShareDesk in Vancouver 08-02-2017
- Senior UX/UI Designer at ShareDesk in Vancouver 08-02-2017
- Android Developer at ShareDesk in Vancouver 13-01-2017