Localization Qa Test Lead
at Globalme in Vancouver
Are you looking for a new age working environment with a team of fun, creative and passionate people who love their jobs and enjoy autonomy in the work place? Are you excited about being one of the first contributors to corporate growth and being able to see the outcome of your work and innovation? At Globalme, we all work and collaborate together on expanding the company’s operations, and share credit. In fact, glory hogs don’t last long here. Nor people who tear down others’ ideas instead of developing their own. When smart people collaborate together, amazing things happen.
To be honest, Globalme is not for everyone. If you are a person who always tries to find excuses for why something is not working or cannot be done, or delivers average quality work, this place is not for you. But if you have a big brain and would like to use it, then you need to apply. Now.
We are now looking for a Localization QA Lead.
You will be responsible of:
- Training new localization QA testers
- Managing localization QA testing teams
- Analyzing product requirements
- Preparing risk analysis and present to stakeholders
- Developing test plans and/or scripts.
- Planning and executing testing projects.
- Reviewing defects, analyzing data and preparing meaningful reports.
- Tracking budgets of testing projects.
- Preparing test environments (hardware, software).
- Maintaining QA procedures and continually work on efficiency improvements.
- Filing bug reports and working with developers to reproduce and troubleshoot problems.
- Writing automation macros for testing.
- Preparing project retrospect reports to improve processes.
- Reporting on product readiness and test results
- For the right candidates, there is a possibility of executing international projects.
- Experience in automation tools – desktop, mobile and web macros is highly preferred.
- Experience in creating test plans.
- Experience in testing and troubleshooting.
- Fluent in at least one foreign language.
- Fair understanding of project management skills.
In addition you are:
- Computer savvy – you consider yourself as a technical person and get excited about new technologies, applications etc.
- Good communicator in written and spoken English – you need to feel comfortable in presenting your ideas.
- Tactical – you’re a master tactician who can track the many needs of a localization project and prioritize their completion.
- Driven – you’re not someone who needs to be micromanaged and you don’t wait around for problems or quality concerns to hit others’ radars before brainstorming a fix.
- Problem solver – you figure out problems that rarely have textbook solutions. “Let me figure this out” is a sentence you use often.
- Open to receiving feedback – you focus on solutions and improvements rather than finding excuses why something doesn’t work.
- Positive – you have a “nothing is impossible attitude”. You believe that everything can be done.
- Self-starter – you see a clear link between your actions and their outcomes. You don’t sit around and wait for others to tell you what to do.
- Student of life – you work continuously on being better in whatever you do and are interested in improving your skills. You can find online resources to learn things you don’t know.
- Opportunist – you are able to recognize opportunities around you and take immediate action.
- People person – through effective communication and the right personality type you will be able to get the best out of the people on your team.
- Clever and fast – you understand things quickly and are not confused about simple things.
- Resourceful – you have a head with plenty of good ideas.
- Focused on quality – you can’t stand sloppy work.
- Traveler – you have traveled to foreign countries.
- Eligible to work in Canada for at least 12 months at the application time.
How to apply
Send your resume, salary expectations, let us know why you are a good candidate for this position. No phone calls or direct contact about this position.
Recent jobs at Globalme
- Digital Marketing Specialist at Globalme in Vancouver 18-03-2016
- Marketing Manager - language & technologies at Globalme in Vancouver 26-02-2016
- Localization/Translation Project Manager at Globalme in Vancouver 26-02-2016