Human Resources Associate
at Checkout 51 in Toronto
Checkout 51 is looking for an HR Associate to join our team for a full-time position in Downtown Toronto, ON.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic Human Resources Associate to join our awesome team.
- Recruit and onboard new employees
- Support team members in their career growth, oversee our performance process, identify and prioritize training needs and working with Learning and Development team to deliver trainings
- Handle employee relations issues, working closely with Checkout 51 managers and our in-house legal team
- Manage 45 day and 90 day review schedule
- Conduct exit interviews
- Maintain all personnel files
- Work closely with Office Manager in creating a fun and productive office environment for our team
- Have at least 2-3 years of experience in human resources
- Have experience in a fast growth startup environment
- Have a positive, can-do attitude – you’re always ready to overcome challenges and your tendency is to be among the first to volunteer to take them on
- Are humble and get things done all while having fun and making sure those around you have fun too
- Are Organized – you love checklists, you probably colour code your calendar, and you never forget your friends’ birthdays
- Manage your time effectively – find time to go to the gym, pick up your dry cleaning, walk your dog, hang out with your best friend, and get all your work done
- Are confident in your decision making – when someone asks you where you want to go for lunch, you can make a decision. When it comes to work, you do not need all the details – you figure out the details yourself and make the best decision with the information available
- Have multitasking ability – in a busy workplace, there’s no end to the list of things to do. You can juggle multiple projects at the same time, checking in, following up, and getting it all done.
- Are great at communication – email, chat, slack, SMS, phone calls – you’re comfortable with it all and proactively communicating what’s going on. “How is that project coming along?” is a question you’ve never heard because you’re constantly regularly giving updates to your manager
- Are a champion of company culture and fun – we have a fast paced, fun work environment and we want to keep it that way. You like to have fun too and will champion activities, processes, and the overall feel to ensure that the company continues to be a fun but hard working place
- Are friendly and energetic – you have a good attitude, and a smile on your face. At several points in your lifetime, people have probably commented on how nice you are
Please send us your resume and cover letter.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.