Senior Software Developer
at Alloy in Vancouver
Over $20 trillion worth of goods are manufactured, transported, and sold each year – the things we use, wear and eat every day. The global supply chain is one the world’s largest economic engines, but it is burdened by increasing complexity and growing inefficiencies.
The manufacturers, distributors, and retailers that make up this complex network struggle to track and respond to supply and demand as products travel from production to consumer. They rely on inadequate technology, 40-year-old data standards, and lots of manual Excel work.
Alloy provides the first comprehensive, low-latency view of demand and inventory across all distribution channels. Our platform connects manufacturers, suppliers, distributors, and retailers, allowing companies to track their products down to the store shelf and better respond to end-consumer demand.
About the role
- Design core frameworks and architecture for Alloy’s analytics applications
- Create appealing UI visualisations including tables, charts, and maps
- Automate the collection, parsing, and storage of very large volumes of data
- Implement software development best-practices including code reviews, testing, and continuous integration
- Provide technical leadership, mentorship, and inspiration to other developers
- Recruit and interview candidates for our growing team
- Dive into server provisioning, deployment, automation, and monitoring
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field
- At least 6 years of professional software development experience
- At least 3 years of technical and/or team leadership experience
- Familiarity with some or all of the following: Python, SQL, Redis, Google Cloud Platform, Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins
- Must be an expert at debugging large systems and effectively solving problems
Salary: $110,000 – $140,000. This position may be eligible for standard company raises, performance-based bonuses, and/or equity-based compensation.
Benefits: Health spending account
Recent jobs at Alloy
- Product Designer at Alloy in Vancouver 14-09-2016
- Software Developer at Alloy in Vancouver 01-09-2016
- Software Engineer at Alloy in Vancouver 11-05-2016