Polyglot Software Engineer
at Axiom Zen in Vancouver
Axiom Zen is a team of experienced software architects, engineers, and designers who like to work on experimental, cutting-edge projects. With low hierarchy and an open, supportive environment, we can give you space to create the best work of your life.
Axiom Zen is a best practices-driven engineering team (committed to continuous deployment, continuous integration, automated testing, etc), looking for talented and startup-minded polyglot engineers to join our growing team — in Vancouver, BC; San Francisco, CA; or Santiago, Chile.
The ideal candidate will have deep knowledge of web or mobile technology, software design patterns and best practices as well as a love for building user-centric products that set new standards in usability and performance.
- Experience shipping high quality code in a fast-paced mission-critical environment
- Demonstrated interest in working with new technologies and thinking outside the box
- Strong grasp of CS fundamentals, algorithms, data structures, and design patterns
- Commitment to practical application of best practices in software development including TDD, * continuous integration, Agile, and continuous delivery
- BS/MS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Good grasp of UX and UI design principles
- Expertise with Node.js and/or Go
- Expertise in obscure or under-used programming languages
- Interest or expertise in big data, machine learning, natural language processing (NLP), data mining, voice recognition or other artificial intelligence
- Prior startup experience with top-tier companies
- Familiarity and comfort with git and GitHub
- Creator or contributor to an open source project
- Knowledge/experience with redis, memcached, and other NoSQL systems
Axiom Zen is an idea catalyst: we build, launch, and accelerate iconic companies.
We are thinkers and builders; artisans and architects. Reflecting Vancouver and San Francisco, the two dynamic cities that surround us, we are a diverse, multi-faceted, and multi-national team with an extraordinary range of perspectives and experiences.
Our team of creatives have built complex infrastructure and award-winning applications serving millions of delighted users, working with industry giants like Apple, Google, Baidu, and Facebook.
Axiom Zen team members have also helped build, grow, and successfully exit multiple technology startup companies, generating hundreds of millions of dollars in shareholder value and giving our team a unique perspective on product ideation, launch, and iteration to market fit.
Let’s build the future together.
Perks and Benefits:
We provide exceptional benefits:
- Expanded Insurance. Axiom Zen provides full health, life and AD&D insurance as well as premium vision, dental, and extended health benefits.
- Company-Paid Phone and Plan. Top-line company smartphone of your choice in addition to fully paid voice and data plan.
- Active Professional Development. We actively participate in the development of our team. You have access to a Professional Development budget of $1200 per quarter allocated, separate from your compensation, to be spent on conferences, classes, books, and any other resources to maintain and expand your skill set, industry knowledge, and professional growth. Or take someone interesting to coffee for in-person learning.
- Speaker Travel Budget. We believe strongly that all our team members should have the opportunity to become thought leaders in their fields. To support this, we have a standard policy to cover travel + accommodations for speaking engagements anywhere in the Americas, and are very willing to support speaking engagements elsewhere around the world as well.
- “Live the Brand” Products. We also believe that using great products helps us build them better. Every team member receives an unlimited equipment budget to try new gadgets, tools, platforms, and products. This includes new wearables, internet-of-things gadgets, the latest laptops etc.
- “Live the Brand” Experiences. Several times per week, the team engages in fun and exciting products & experiences sponsored by the company. Everyone has the opportunity to submit ideas. We believe time outside of the office helps us think outside the box.
- Flexible Vacation and Remote Work Policy. We support work-life harmony and also believe in balance. Make your impact consistently and we’re totally flexible on time off. Minimum of 2 weeks every year, with no limit.
- Maternity / Paternity Leave. Flexible leave in addition to existing leave allowance in accordance with state and federal laws.
- Transport Reimbursement. We cover public transport to work and back. If you bike to work instead, we set aside $1000/year for bike maintenance. If you walk to work, we’ll bonus you the same amount as a rental subsidy.
- Top-Line Equipment. Apple laptop, large 2nd monitor, personal gadget budget, company smartphone of your choice in addition to fully paid voice and data plan. Models dependent upon needs and department function.
- Quarterly Alignment Check-ins. You will receive quarterly ‘alignment’ check-ins focused on making sure you are achieving your own goals.
Zen Den Vancouver
B1 – 788 Beatty St.
Vancouver BC V6B 2M1
Recent jobs at Axiom Zen
- Founders and Startup Veterans: CEO, COO, CTO at Axiom Zen in Vancouver 15-08-2016
- Analytical Storyteller / Product Marketing Lead at Axiom Zen in Vancouver 18-04-2016
- Full Cycle Technical Recruiter - Web & Mobile Startups at Axiom Zen in Vancouver 26-02-2016
- Senior Designer - Mobile & Web at Axiom Zen in Vancouver 24-02-2016