Full Cycle Technical Recruiter - Web & Mobile Startups
at Axiom Zen in Vancouver
Axiom Zen is growing, and sourcing talent across the world.
We are looking for a world-class recruiter with solid familiarity with web and mobile technology stacks, experience sourcing brilliant engineers and creatives, and a deep passion for startups. You will be an integral part of the leadership team and will work closely with us to design and execute on the strategies to get us where we need to be.
Our world-class team join us from juggernauts as diverse as Apple, Google, Etsy, AppAnnie, UBS, EA, and Baidu, as well as innovative startups. We’d like to continue bringing a selection of the most brilliant, humble, fun, and impactful people in the world to work with us in Vancouver, British Columbia – or San Francisco, CA.
We often look for Product Managers, designers, and senior sales/marketing leaders as well as engineers so expertise sourcing for these roles is a big plus. Major bonus points for an engineering or software development background as well.
When You Apply
- Please include a cover letter explaining your goals / motivations / desires / interests, as well as how you think you can help us based on the description of our needs above.
- Be funky, don’t be shy. Tell us what you’ve loved — and didn’t love — about previous jobs, and what you’re looking to gain out of your career with Axiom Zen. The more honest you are the better match we can make.
Axiom Zen is an idea catalyst: we build, launch, and accelerate iconic companies.
We are thinkers and builders; artisans and architects. Reflecting Vancouver and San Francisco, the two dynamic cities that surround us, we are a diverse, multi-faceted, and multi-national team with an extraordinary range of perspectives and experiences.
Our team of creatives have built complex infrastructure and award-winning applications serving millions of delighted users, working with industry giants like Apple, Google, Baidu, and Facebook.
Axiom Zen team members have also helped build, grow, and successfully exit multiple technology startup companies, generating hundreds of millions of dollars in shareholder value and giving our team a unique perspective on product ideation, launch, and iteration to market fit.
Let’s build the future together.
Salary and Benefits:
Competitive salary plus bonus ($50,000 – $90,000), top-tier benefits, and generous stock / equity.
We provide exceptional benefits:
- Expanded Insurance. Axiom Zen provides full health, life and AD&D insurance as well as premium vision, dental, and extended health benefits.
- Active Professional Development. We actively participate in the development of our team. You have access to a Professional Development budget of $1200 per quarter allocated, separate from your compensation, to be spent on conferences, classes, books, and any other resources to maintain and expand your skill set, industry knowledge, and professional growth. Or take someone interesting to coffee for in-person learning.
- Speaker Travel Budget. We believe strongly that all our team members should have the opportunity to become thought leaders in their fields. To support this, we have a standard policy to cover travel + accommodations for speaking engagements anywhere in the Americas, and are very willing to support speaking engagements elsewhere around the world as well.
- Mandatory 15 Off Days Per Year and Flexible Remote Work Policy. We have a high standard for impact but we insist on work-life harmony and believe in balance. Minimum of 15 off days every year, with no hard limit.
- “Live the Brand” Products. We also believe that using great products helps us build them better. Every team member receives a generous equipment budget to try new gadgets, tools, platforms, and products. This includes new wearables, internet-of-things gadgets, etc.
- “Live the Brand” Experiences. Several times per week, the team engages in fun and exciting products & experiences sponsored by the company. Everyone has the opportunity to submit ideas. We believe time outside of the office helps us think outside the box.
- Top-Line Equipment. Apple laptop, large 2nd monitor, personal gadget budget, company smartphone of your choice in addition to fully paid voice and data plan. Models dependent upon needs and department function.
- Maternity / Paternity Leave. Flexible leave in addition to existing leave allowance in accordance with state and federal laws.
- Transport Reimbursement. We cover public transport to work and back. If you bike to work instead, we set aside $1000/year for bike maintenance. If you walk to work, we’ll bonus you the same amount as a rental subsidy.
- Quarterly Alignment Check-ins. You will receive quarterly ‘alignment’ check-ins focused on making sure you are achieving your own goals.
Recent jobs at Axiom Zen
- Founders and Startup Veterans: CEO, COO, CTO at Axiom Zen in Vancouver 15-08-2016
- Analytical Storyteller / Product Marketing Lead at Axiom Zen in Vancouver 18-04-2016
- Polyglot Software Engineer at Axiom Zen in Vancouver 24-02-2016
- Senior Designer - Mobile & Web at Axiom Zen in Vancouver 24-02-2016