SaaS Business Analyst
at Thinkific in Vancouver
We’re hiring a motivated and detail-oriented Business Analyst to join our team.
This is a brand new role for our growing company, and we’re seeking a super passionate business analyst who is excited to dive into all things data and business insight.
Working cross functionally, this role will support our marketing, customer success/support, and product teams. You’ll both dive in and pull data and metrics that you are asked to find, and will also take it upon yourself to dig deep into the data looking for insights that can feed back into business decision making.
You love coming up with new ways to look at the same data – pulling actionable detail out of the information we have – while identifying new ways to track the data that we need to inform our business into the future.
More important than the ability to analyze existing data will be your ability to find and gather the data you need, across business systems and tools. You have experience with tools like Mixpanel, Freshdesk, Google Analytics, Google Adwords, Intercom, Unbounce, Optimizely, Postgres, Klipfolio, and numerous proprietary data sources.
Here are a few hints that you might be the person we’re looking for:
- You consider yourself very tech savvy. You know how to query a database for what you need, and you’re just as comfortable getting about as complicated as you can get in Excel as you are using Trello and Jira
- You’re extremely familiar with startup metrics and can calculate and analyze things like churn, attribution, LTV, activation and conversion rates, and you can setup funnels in your sleep.
- This role can be described as a data wrangler – this is not a role where you’re handed beautiful, clean data to analyze; it’s one where you need to go in search of, and in many cases set up the ability to capture, what we need!
- You’ve done this before. You’ve got data analyst experience in a company like ours (bonus points if it was with a web-based product!)
- Organized with attention to detail doesn’t even begin to describe you. You’ll have a lot of responsibility and also autonomy – no one will be looking over your shoulder to be sure you’ve got it right! A keen eye for detail is key in everything you do – quality over quantity is the name of the game.
- You don’t just wield a pen – you write with it, too. You’ve got exceptional verbal and written communication skills, and can easily communicate the results of your research with pretty graphs, clear verbiage, and documented insights
- You’re experienced and comfortable pulling data from a multitude of 3rd party systems and tools, and love working to make sense of it all. * Whether it’s product data and SQL queries one day, Google Analytics data the next, or user data with the help of Mixpanel the third – you won’t break a sweat.
- You are eager and a go-getter, and work well with a lot of ambiguity. This isn’t a position for someone who needs a lot of direction, or ever says “that’s not my job”. You’re excited to roll up your sleeves and dive in!
- B.Comm or MBA preferred
Apply attn: Miranda – We’re looking forward to hearing from you
Recent jobs at Thinkific
- Customer Experience Specialist at Thinkific in Vancouver 27-03-2017
- Product Manager at Thinkific in Vancouver 27-03-2017
- DevOps Engineer at Thinkific at Thinkific in Vancouver 12-01-2017
- VP Finance at Thinkific in Vancouver 12-01-2017
- Data Engineer at Thinkific in Vancouver 12-01-2017