Full Stack Developer
at Later(Latergramme) in Vancouver
At Later we believe in the power of Images. Images to communicate quickly, Images to connect disparate people, and Images as the best way to convey personal meaning. We also believe software should be so easy to use – you shouldn’t need a manual or a sales demo. We build that software. At Later we are becoming the leading platform for managing visual social-media content.
What are we like to be around? Glad you asked! We are a hard-working, competitive, fun-loving band of miscreants. We have rubber duckies on our desks, KPI’s on our walls and board games and beers tend to be broken out on Fridays.
What we’re looking for:
Our team is growing quickly, we are set to double in size this year and we are looking for a motivated and skilled intermediate full-stack developer to join our engineering team. We are seeking someone passionate about software development to help create and deliver amazing new features and keep our application running smoothly. Our applications are used by thousands of people and brands every day, what you do will directly impact their experience.
What we value:
Our core cultural values are manifested in our practices and processes every day. We highly value transparency and fairness in everything we do. We look for people who like to move quickly, are ambitious yet humble and have a great sense of humour. If you have a mischievous spark of fun, that’s even better.
*You have: *
- A natural tendency to take initiative, achieve results and generally #GSD.
-* A desire to constantly stay organized and create efficiency using technology, bringing order to chaos and uncertainty.
- Teamwork is your middle name. You want to brainstorm with the best of them and are continually looking for ways to do it better.
- A humbleness to recognize that sometimes you’ll need to apologize and admit mistakes (we’re all human after all!)
- Understand and work well in startup culture – be able and willing to take on all sorts of tasks and responsibilities.
We list our values and beliefs first because they are non-negotiable; if you’re still reading then check out some of the responsibilities you will own.
- Work in our iterative, agile software development process, reporting directly to our Head of Engineering.
- Develop software for our large-scale web application (handling over 50,000 images per day) – having the opportunity to work on both server-side and client-side code
- Design and write well-structured, easily maintainable, well-documented code
- Embrace a test-driven development process, and conduct code reviews with other members of the dev team.
- Work with our UX and design teams to help implement user interfaces
- Collaborate and work with our customer success team to better understand our users needs and how our product could better meet their needs.
Qualifications & Technical Skills:
- Bachelor degree in computer science, information technology, software engineering or related.
- 3+ years experience in software development
- Experience developing software within an Agile development cycle
- Solid experience in Ruby on Rails
- Experience with Test-driven Design
- Experience in HTML5/CSS3
- Bonus: Actively involved in local meetups and open source project contributions we can look at on GitHub.
- Entrepreneurial by nature, you excel in a fast-paced, agile environment where critical thinking and strong problem solving skills are a given
- The tech startup industry is where you want to be. You thrive on the cutting edge and get excited to learn more, push boundaries and innovate every day.
- An avid Instagrammer who loves photos and pictures is a bonus.
*Why choose Later: *
Located in Gastown, the startup hub of Vancouver, Later is pleased to offer all our employees a competitive salary, a chance to participate in the success of the company through equity, medical and dental benefits and a wellness program.
If you think you might be a great fit with our team, we’d love to hear from you. Send us the link to your online portfolio. A resume is good, but we want to see your work.