Customer Success Manager
at Slack in Vancouver
The Customer Success Manager’s core job is to help our customers adopt Slack and improve their team communication. A key part of this job is to provide product and adoption guidance to help customers use Slack more effectively for their organization. Our CSMs work closely with Account Managers to guide them on the best practices for our customers. This role is focused on both coaching and defining processes for Account Managers along with working directly with customers. Our CSMs must understand customer needs, determine the best approach for leveraging Slack’s capabilities, and provide recommendations on how to proceed. A Customer Success Manager is focused on helping our customers be successful with Slack.
- Empathize with every aspect of the customer experience, putting customers’ needs first.
- Guide and teach Account Managers with a proactive customer success process.
- Travel and meet with customers onsite to understand their needs and Slack onboarding process.
- Train customers to be product experts internally and train their teams on Slack best practices.
- Maintain high levels of customer engagement and satisfaction with a focus on customer loyalty.
- Identify common customer challenges and proactively suggest better solutions.
- Partner with Slack’s Account Managers to help them be more effective.
- Partner closely with other cross-functional team members to translate business needs and product requirements into new solutions for customers.
- Create customer onboarding assets, adapt existing customer onboarding assets and work with product marketing to refine existing and create new onboarding assets.
- 3+ years relevant work experience in a customer-facing customer success, account management or strategic consulting organization. SaaS experience a benefit.
- Self-motivated, proactive team player with innovative ideas to inspire customer loyalty and adoption.
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience building strong internal and external relationships.
- Proven track record of highly-professional customer service in a dynamic, start-up environment.
- Diplomacy, tact, and grace under pressure when working through customer issues.
Slack is a team communication tool. It brings together all of your team communications in one place, instantly searchable and available wherever you go. Launched in February 2014 it is now the fastest growing B2B application ever and used by over 2 million daily active users. Our investors include Accel Partners, Andreessen Horowitz, The Social + Capital Partnership, KPCB and Google Ventures.
We’re a San Francisco-based company founded by core members of the original Flickr team. We are on a mission to make people’s working lives simpler, more pleasant, and more productive. We’ve spent a lot of time creating a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture.
Slack Technologies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Recent jobs at Slack
- Writer, Content & Editorial at Slack in Vancouver 04-05-2016
- Manager, Customer Experience at Slack in Vancouver 27-02-2016
- Windows Phone Engineer at Slack in Vancouver 27-02-2016
- Customer Experience Agent at Slack in Vancouver 26-02-2016