Manager, Customer Experience
at Slack in Vancouver
As a Manager of Customer Experience for Slack, your goal is to make our customers successful and to inspire your team to go the distance to delight them. This is a demanding role that requires strong leadership, time management, and communication skills. Not only will you be directly responsible for keeping Slack’s customers happy and productive, you will have a team of talented individuals looking for your guidance to help them reach their goals and grow in their careers. You will communicate openly and regularly with your team members about their performance, aspirations, and well-being. Your exemplary character, passion, and understanding of what it takes to provide customers with the best experience possible will allow you to encourage positive interactions with our users and inspire your team. You will implement solutions to inefficient processes and workflows, and contribute to meeting organizational goals. You will assist in interviewing, training and onboarding of new hires and serve as a point of contact for any issues affecting your team.
Slack takes customer service seriously. This is a position we consider essential to the company’s success. We have a great roster of companies that rely on Slack for their day-to-day communication — the person in this role is responsible for ensuring that we provide the best service we possibly can.
- You will be leading a passionate team of 4 to 8 Customer Experience Agents. It’s up to you to ensure our users receive phenomenal support from that team.
- You will support the personal and professional growth of everyone on your team.
- You will inspire confidence by setting direction, displaying integrity, and moving towards team goals.
- Lead by example by providing unrivaled, near superhuman email-centric customer support.
- Work with your team to discuss, plan, and implement process improvements.
- Solid leadership experience and an understanding of the dynamics involved in team leadership.
- You have a genuine interest in the happiness, well-being, and success of everyone on your team. You feel fulfilled when they are reaching their fullest potential.
- Prior experience doing email-centric customer support for a web application and you know how to do it well. You know that every bit of work you do makes a real difference in making a customer happy.
- You care deeply, genuinely and passionately about customer support and about the role it plays in making a customer-centric team successful.
- Have an understanding of the web and how it works. You’re not necessarily writing and deploying your own JQuery-based, CSS-heavy responsive sites, but you’re also not intimidated by the technology.
- You are skilled at explaining technical problems succinctly and clearly.
- You are a strong, confident, and exacting writer.
- College degree or equivalent professional experience.
- Minimum 5+ years in a support role.
Slack is a team communication tool. It brings together all of your team communications in one place, instantly searchable and available wherever you go. Launched in February 2014 it is now the fastest growing B2B application ever and used by over 2 million daily active users. Our investors include Accel Partners, Andreessen Horowitz, The Social + Capital Partnership, KPCB and Google Ventures.
We’re a San Francisco-based company founded by core members of the original Flickr team. We are on a mission to make people’s working lives simpler, more pleasant, and more productive. We’ve spent a lot of time creating a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture.
Slack Technologies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Recent jobs at Slack
- Writer, Content & Editorial at Slack in Vancouver 04-05-2016
- Windows Phone Engineer at Slack in Vancouver 27-02-2016
- Customer Success Manager at Slack in Vancouver 26-02-2016
- Customer Experience Agent at Slack in Vancouver 26-02-2016