at Thinkific in Vancouver
Are you an experienced Data Engineer? Can you seamlessly navigate data sources and develop plans for integrating, centralizing and maintaining datasets? Does the idea of joining a rapidly growing company excite the heck out of you? If yes, read on!
Thinkific is seeking an experienced, full-time Data Engineer to join our team to solve sizable technical challenges.
The Data Engineer requires strong development capabilities, a comprehensive understanding of the big data space and its future direction as well as superior problem-solving skills, and a track record of delivering high quality and useful systems in a fast-paced environment.
You will report directly to the CTO and collaborate with different departments on complex data integrations and analysis to aid in driving decisions.
A typical week might include things like:
- Providing technical direction and developing the strategic roadmap for our big data infrastructure. This includes: data capture, movement, warehousing, and all interconnects
- Building scalable, extensible data pipelines and models to provide decision support to key business stakeholders
- Designing and developing scalable, robust implementations to solve data needs as identified by the business
- Working closely with Business Intelligence, Product Management, Technology and other teams to ensure implemented solutions operate efficiently
- Leading and mentoring developers and engineers, contributing to project discussions, and providing expert advice and education in the usage and interpretation of data
Here are a few hints that you might be the person we’re looking for (you probably meet 4 or more of these!):
- You are highly proficient in data architecture and programming
- You have experience working with distributed computing tools, such as MapReduce, Hadoop, Pig, Hive, Presto, Spark, Cassandra, Redshift, AWS, and other NoSQL/SQL tools
- You possess working knowledge of Ruby, Go, Scala, Python, SQL and/or other languages
- You’re familiar with 3rd party platforms and their APIs
- You’re experienced in providing analytical insights
- You have an ability to cultivate and foster teams with superior skill sets
- You have strong communication skills, value teamwork, and consider a good attitude as essential
Why we think you’ll like working with us:
- Be part of a collaborative, high performing team focused on building best-in-class software in order to grow our company
- We have plenty of office snacks, coffee, and the occasional Friday beer to keep you fueled
- We offer a competitive salary, health/dental/vision benefits, and an open vacation policy
- Celebrate and get to know your peers with monthly and quarterly team events
- We have an amazing existing team of really talented engineers, marketers, and customer success people that want to work with you
This is an incredible role for the right candidate. We can’t wait to meet you!
$75K – $90K
0.0% – 0.01%
Recent jobs at Thinkific
- Customer Experience Specialist at Thinkific in Vancouver 27-03-2017
- Product Manager at Thinkific in Vancouver 27-03-2017
- DevOps Engineer at Thinkific at Thinkific in Vancouver 12-01-2017
- VP Finance at Thinkific in Vancouver 12-01-2017