at ShareDesk in Vancouver
ShareDesk is a Vancouver born startup that’s changing the way the world works. We empower companies to manage and optimize their office space through beautifully simple software and apps.
“So what do you need me for?” You might be asking.
Our team is looking for a passionate and talented Android Developer to play the crucial role of building and maintaining the Android version of our software platform.
This is an opportunity to work with a small, dedicated team of developers (iOS, Web and Android), where you’ll be asked to take a significant amount of personal responsibility for the code you ship. It means you’ll make decisions that have a direct impact on our business, every day.
We need you to contribute technical expertise to all aspects of our software development process, from planning and architecture through to testing, deployment and maintenance. That being said, we’re looking for people that can leverage their experience to add value to our team – we’re more interested to see how your unique perspective can help our team succeed rather than the specific languages you can code in.
As part of your application, we would love to see examples of work you have done that you are proud of – professional or personal. That’s more important to us than ticking all the boxes below!
What we are looking for in a successful candidate
- Knowledge of the ins and outs of Android SDK and different versions of Android
- Solid experience developing Android Apps
- Comfort with Google’s Android design principles, interface guidelines, and best practices
- Experience submitting Apps to Google
- UI Design experience and a strong sense of what quality means
- Ability to effectively communicate on a small team that moves fast
- Experience with version control – we use Git
Bonus points for
- An academic background in computer science
- Experience with other mobile platforms (iOS)
- Experience working with Bluetooth beacons
- Your own app in the marketplace
- Familiarity and experience with push notifications
- We take care of our teammates
This is a unique opportunity to join a rapidly growing technology startup. Taking care of our team on this journey is a priority. We offer:
- Competitive salary compensation
- Employee stock options
- Teammates that really care about what they do
- Personal and professional growth
- Health and fitness program
- A beautiful Gastown workspace with ocean and mountain views as well as flexible work options
$70K – $85K
0.1% – 0.5%
Recent jobs at ShareDesk
- Full-stack Developer at ShareDesk in Vancouver 17-10-2017
- UI Designer at ShareDesk in Vancouver 17-10-2017
- Customer Success Manager at ShareDesk in Vancouver 08-02-2017
- Senior UX/UI Designer at ShareDesk in Vancouver 08-02-2017