Senior Front-End Developer
at Buddybuild in Vancouver
Buddybuild is looking for a Senior Front-End developer. In this role, you will act as a technical lead for a Front End development team. You’ll work with the design team and CEO to define and deliver experiences spanning the company landing page, to the core product dashboard, to 3rd party integrations with some the largest developer tools companies in the world.
If you’re interested in playing a key role in one of the world’s most popular mobile developer platforms, keep reading!
Buddybuild is a high growth, well-funded SaaS company which provides the infrastructure that thousands of mobile teams use to build apps that their users love.
Buddybuild’s continuous integration, continuous delivery and user insight platform completely streamlines the process of building mobile apps and makes it possible for mobile teams to involve their end users as part of the development workflow.
Customers like Slack, Firefox, Wordpress, Meetup, and thousands of other mobile teams use buddybuild to build better apps, faster.
Our users, like you, are developers.
You’ll be a key member of the Front End development team. It’s a (relatively) small team and you’ll have an opportunity to have a significant impact on the product.
- Working closely with the design team to define and implement product features
- Identifying and creating reusable UI components to be consumed by members of the team
- Defining and implementing robust and performant UI architecture
- Mentoring and code reviewing members of the team
- Disbursing UI best practices throughout the entire engineering team
- Working with buddybuild customers and engineering clever solutions to deliver on their needs
- 4+ years experience of building and operating shipping high scale, performant, reliable web apps
- Very experienced with AngularJS, Express, and Node
- Strong UX and design sensibilities, and a desire to sweat the small stuff
- You’re a strong communicator
- Experience with, or, are interested in understanding the process of developing mobile apps
- Previous experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment systems is a bonus
- Culturally, we’re looking for people who are:
- Exceptionally clever: You’re able to distill complex problems and propose simple, elegant solutions.
- Able to deliver results independently: Anxious to design, build, and ship solutions on aggressive timelines without compromising
- Able to play well with others: Be comfortable in collaborative work environments with solid precise and concise communication skills. We all strive to be humble to actively solicit and incorporate feedback.
- Different: We want unique skill sets, methodologies, working styles, and ideas. Up-level an already strong and diverse team and inspire the broader team with your expertise. Look for opportunities to work outside your comfort zone and learn from others.
- Ambitious malcontents: Dissatisfied with the status-quo in the world around you and intolerant of mediocrity. Constantly aware of the potential for improvement with a keen desire to help technology play a more meaningful role in people’s lives.
What’s in it for you?
- A salary with an equity position in the company
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
- A very flexible vacation policy
- Your choice of Apple hardware to get you started
- A beautiful office in Gastown
- A lot of learning! We’re a small company where there’s no shortage of different projects to work on
If you’re looking to work with talented engineers, in a rewarding work environment, at a fast-growing company, with the opportunity have impact… we want to hear from you!
Please email us with:
- A PDF of your resume
- a link to your portfolio/GitHub where we can see some of the work you’ve done
- 3 things (typos, new requirements… really anything!) you’d change about this job posting
Recent jobs at Buddybuild
- Technical Writer at Buddybuild in Vancouver 15-02-2017
- Head of Inside Sales at Buddybuild in Vancouver 15-02-2017