Marketing Internship in Snowboard/Ski Tech Startup
at Yodelup in Vancouver
YodelUP is an exciting tech startup developing the ultimate action-sports wearable so that skiers and snowboarders can maximize their moments, be safe and stay connected. We recently completed the Startupbootcamp accelerator program in London (largest accelerator in Europe), where we worked with expert mentors to completely rebrand YodelUP from the ground up and we’re looking for a marketing intern to join the team and take that work forward. The position is available immediately.
You will be working with the two founders and supported by a highly experienced CMO advisor to promote our product, increase brand awareness and execute on our social media strategy. Some day-to-day responsibilities are likely to include finding and generating content, growing and engaging our community (including beta-testers), promoting the brand online, posting on social media, devising email campaigns, and creating basic website pages (landing pages for lead generation).
We’re looking for someone with:
- A knowledge and passion for how social media works (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram).
- Good eye for photography and design.
- The ability to write both long-form and short content, whether that be blog posts, Twitter copy, or for newsletters.
- Excellent language, writing and communication skills.
- Creative nature with the ability to think outside the box.
- Initiative to work on your own or as part of a team.
- Ambition and driven, with strong attention to detail.
Sound like you? Please send your CV and a brief intro about yourself and relevant experience with “YodelUP Marketing” in the subject line.
This is a great opportunity for anyone who wants to experience the life of a startup. You’ll be given a lot of responsibility and power to make this the role you want it to be. This is also an invaluable opportunity to learn from the experts (our CMO advisor used to run his own very successful marketing and branding agency).
If you have any prior web design experience, or knowledge of running advertising on social media platforms then this is a bonus.
We are currently looking for funding so the role is unpaid until this is secured. Depending on previous experience and overall long-term fit in the team we may offer equity as the right candidate may have the opportunity to become a key team member in the future.
Recent jobs at Yodelup
- Mobile Developer (iOS & Android) - Snowboard & Ski Hardware Startup at YodelUP in Vancouver 30-03-2017
- BLE Firmware Developer - Snowboard & Ski Hardware Startup at YodelUP in Vancouver 30-03-2017