BLE Firmware Developer - Snowboard & Ski Hardware Startup
at YodelUP in Vancouver
YodelUP is an exciting tech startup developing the ultimate action-sports wearable so that skiers and snowboarders can maximize their moments, be safe and stay connected. We recently completed the Startupbootcamp IoT program in London (largest accelerator in Europe), where we completely re-designed the YodelUP wearable from the ground up. We’re now looking for a Firmware supertalent to join the team to take ownership of and build out the core YodelUP hardware experience on our newly developed electronics.
In this role you will work closely with our team of mobile app developer (iOS & Android) and the two founders to bring this revolutionary product to market. The electronics and base firmware are already in place. Your primary responsibilities will be to:
- develop the application layer of the BLE firmware (including creation of custom services and using standard profiles)
- work in conjunction of the mobile developer to ensure seamless connectivity and data flow between YodelUP device and the mobile App
- develop code for the on-board sensors/actuators, signal fusion, optimizing battery usage, and intuitive user interaction.
Some of the unique features that you’ll be working on are ‘friends tracking’, gesture recognition, and activity metrics. For more information about our product visit yodelup.com and youtu.be/b7TVGMPKiaU. The position is available immediately.
We’re looking for someone with:
- Proven experience with C/C++ in embedded applications
- Proven experience with Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) (firmware integration with iOS/Android a big plus)
- Experience in designing multi-threaded applications
- Solid debugging ability for both low-level firmware and hardware
- Utilize oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, and other test equipment to – troubleshoot hardware/software issues
- Experience with TI development tools a plus
- You have excellent language, writing and communication skills.
- You must be able to take initiative and work on your own or as part of a team.
- You must be ambitious and driven, and pay strong attention to detail.
- Vancouver local preferred
This is a great opportunity for anyone who wants to experience the life of a startup. You’ll be given a lot of responsibility and power to make this the role you want it to be. Expect to be challenged and to learn a lot. Prior startup experience is a bonus.
We are currently raising a seed round and therefore compensation is via shares until funding is secured. Depending on previous experience and overall long-term fit in the team the right candidate may have the opportunity to become a key team member.
Sound like you? Please send your CV and a brief intro about yourself and relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org with “YodelUP Firmware Developer” in the subject line.
Application deadline: April 15th 2017
Find out more at yodelup.com
Recent jobs at YodelUP
- Mobile Developer (iOS & Android) - Snowboard & Ski Hardware Startup at YodelUP in Vancouver 30-03-2017
- Marketing Internship in Snowboard/Ski Tech Startup at Yodelup in Vancouver 09-03-2017